The Continuity Tester allows you to check your Earthing products and ground cords for proper conductivity, to ensure they are in good working condition.
BACKORDER STATUS: We will have more Continuity Tester Kits in soon! Expected arrival date is Monday, February 18th. You can preorder now and all orders will be mailed out on the following shipping day from receiving the kits. We apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience!
The optional Earthing Product Tester checks the conductivity of your Earthing product and ground cords to determine that they are conductive and in good working condition. You simply connect the tester to the ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet and place the tester directly on your Earthing product. Press firmly and a green light will confirm that your product and wire are in good working order. If no green light comes on, press harder and re check your connections. If that doesn’t work, it is time to replace your Earthing Product.
How to use your Earthing Continuity Tester
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from sheet into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Earthing product.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Earthing product that you want to test. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Earthing product. Press firmly on the Earthing product to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that Earthing product is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Earthing product while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the product are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the sheet sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibres of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see “hills and valleys”. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.