The Earthing Elite™ Pillow Cover Kit covers your existing pillow and is designed with our thin, 100% conductive carbon tech material.
The Pillow Cover has two distinct sides:
If you prefer, you may use a pillowcase made from a thin cotton or natural fiber material over the Pillow Cover, although skin contact is best.
Plug into your grounded outlet, and enjoy grounded sleep.
Dimensions: 20″ x 26″
This Elite Pillow Cover Kit includes:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I preserve my products and what are the washing instructions?
The Pillow Covers are quite durable. They may be simply wiped clean with soap and water, and if handled with care, should last for years to come.
Can I use a pillow case over my Elite Pillow Cover?
The closer to direct skin contact, the better. A grounded connection can still be made when a thin pillow case is present thanks to the skin’s natural moisture acting as a conductor.
Which side of my Elite Pillow Cover is the conductive side?
Your Cover transfers the ground energy using a conductive carbon leatherette. This material is the shiny, leather-like side of your mat and is what should be in closest to direct skin contact.
What is the Elite Pillow Cover made of?
The thin black conductive material is made of PU (Polyurethane) resin. Leather look-alike items made with polyurethane (PU) are very consumer friendly and safe unlike older PVC leathers. Our PU Leather is vinyl free, and platelet free.
The thin black layer of PU leather is infused with conductive carbon pigment for the conductive top layer. Carbon is the 2nd most abundant element in the human body after oxygen. The carbon is what conducts the earths energy. It also makes the leather flame resistant naturally without the use of harsh flame resistant chemicals. The PU Leather would not be conductive without the addition of carbon.
We’ve sourced eco-friendly and non-toxic materials to provide our customers with a safe and premium quality grounding product
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Pillow Cover you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Pillow Cover. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Pillow Cover.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Grounded Pillow Cover
1. Place your pillow inside Pillow Cover.
2. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub.
3. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. Sleep directly on the Pillow Cover or place a thin pillow case over top.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from mat into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Pillow Cover.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Pillow Cover. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Pillow Cover. Press firmly on the product to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that the mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Pillow Cover while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the Cover. Make sure that both the tester and the product are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from mat into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Pillow Cover
To clean the Pillow Cover, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Do not machine wash and please do not use any house hold products like furniture polish or Armor All®
as it will cause the mat to lose conductivity.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.