The Earthing Office Chair Mat adheres to your existing plastic carpet protector and can be used to Earth at your desk while at work. It can also be applied to the top of a desk or to many other surfaces at home or work.
The thin black conductive material that your body makes contact with. It is made of PU (Polyurethane) resin. Leather look-alike items made with polyurethane (PU) are very consumer friendly and safe unlike older PVC leathers. Our PU Leather is vinyl free, and platelet free.
The thin black layer of PU leather is infused with conductive carbon pigment for the conductive top layer. Carbon is the 2nd most abundant element in the human body after oxygen. The carbon is what conducts the earths energy. It also makes the leather flame resistant naturally without the use of harsh flame resistant chemicals. The PU Leather would not be conductive without the addition of carbon.
The backside of the mat is a sticky backing to adhere to the surface of a plastic carpet protector.
We’ve sourced eco-friendly and non-toxic materials to provide our customers with a safe and premium quality grounding product.
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing Chair Mat you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Earthing Chair Mat.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Earthing Office Chair Mat
1. The Office Chair Mat has an adhesive back with peel away paper to adhere to a carpet protecting mat.
2. To attach Office Chair Mat, peel two inches of the paper slowly back. Start applying the adhesive side to the existing floor protector. Press down the first two
inches that have been peeled away and continue to slowly pull the backing paper off to expose the adhesive backing. Using one hand, slowly pull back the paper and
use the other hand to continue pressing the adhesive side against the floor mat until the entire Office Chair Mat adheres.
3. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
4. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. The non-sticky side of the Office Chair Mat is conductive. The Earth’s energy is transferred best when your bare skin is in contact with the pad, can
also be used with socks. It just takes several minutes to make the connection.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from mat into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Earthing product.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Earthing Chair Mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the mat. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that the mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the mat while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the mat. Make sure that both the tester and the product are plugged in to the ground, as described above, and also make sure you are pressing firm on to the tester. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Office Chair Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe it down using soap and a damp cloth or sponge. Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, furniture polish or Armor All®, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of the mat. Air dry the mat.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.