The Earthing Throw is cozy and great for snuggling up with while reading or watching television, and all while being connected to the energy of the Earth. Fibre Content is: 30% Organic Cotton, 68% Polyester, 5% Silver
The Earthing Throw is made with natural quilted cotton and can be used in a variety of ways, such as a bottom half-sheet on your bed or as a grounding blanket to snuggle up inside of while reading or watching television.
The Earthing Throw Kit includes:
- 1 Earthing Throw (45″x 57″)
- 1 15-foot (4.57 m) Earthing Coil Cord
- 1 Outlet Checker
- 1 Safe-T Cube Adapter
- 1 User’s Guide
Using the Earthing Throw
The Earthing Throw is quite portable and can be used in a variety of locations. Just remember that only one side of this Earthing blanket is conductive and not the other. To get the grounding benefits of this Throw, make sure you have direct bare skin contact with the side that shows the parallel rows of silver fibre stitching and the word “Earthing”.
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing Throw you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Throw, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing Throw. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Throw.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Earthing Throw
Some people use the Throw in bed. If that’s how you use it, place it over the bottom sheet and tuck in the ends under the mattress. You must have bare skin contact with the conductive side. Similarly if you use it as a wrap-around while seated, make sure the conductive side has some contact with your bare skin.
1. Insert one end of Earthing cord into ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect the cord to the cord of an Earthing Ground Rod placed in the earth outside.
2. Snap other end of Earthing cord onto the receptor tab of the Throw.
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing Throw is conductive.
1. Insert the prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from the Throw into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Earthing Throw.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Earthing Throw. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Throw. Press firmly on the Throw to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that Throw is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the Throw may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Throw while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the Throw. Make sure that both the tester and the Throw are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the Throw sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibres of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see “hills and valleys”. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from Throw into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Throw
It is good to wash your Earthing Throw. It will not be harmed by washing. In fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly is recommended
- Wash in a washing machine
- Wash with warm water, approximately 40 celsius (105 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
- Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
- Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners
- Don’t apply lotions or body oils before bed
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.