The Ground Therapy Floor Mat Kit Includes:
- 1 Floor Mat (26″ x 51″)
- 1 15ft Connection Cord
- 1 Outlet Checker
- 1 Safe-T Cube Adapter: A safe, non-electric adapter to plug multiple products into one ground port at a time. An excellent option for old outlets providing a more secure grounding connection to the earth.
The Ground Therapy Floor Mat is made up of two important layers.
- TOP LAYER: The smooth, top, conductive layer of the Floor Mat is made of polyurethane (PU) infused with conductive carbon. This is the side you touch to be grounded.
- PU: Leather look-alike items made with PU are vinyl-free and phthalate-free. PU helps to absorb moisture when exercising or standing on so it doesn’t become slippery.
- Carbon: Carbon is the 2nd most abundant element in the human body, after oxygen, and is what conducts the earth’s electrons. It also makes the Floor Mat naturally flame resistant without the need to add harsh chemicals.
- BOTTOM LAYER: The grippy bottom, non-conductive layer is made of natural rubber. It provides a textured grip against the floor for stability and cushioning for comfort when standing or sitting on it.
Please Note: Due to the nature of natural rubber, this mat may have a slight rubber odor that will fade over time. You may place it in the sunshine for a few hours if you wish to expedite the process.
CONTAINS LATEX: If you have a rubber or latex allergy, please avoid contact with this product as it contains 25% natural rubber.
How To Set Up your Ground Therapy Floor Mat
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Ground Therapy Mat you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging it in, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Mat. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 3.
Step 2: Plug in your Safe T Cube Adaptor
Plug your Safe T Cube Adapter into your properly grounded outlet.
Step 3: (OPTIONAL) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Mat.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your Connection Cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 4: Setting Up The Floor Mat
1. Decide where you want to use the Floor Mat. Your options include most anyplace where you work, sit, relax, or workout. Just remember that wherever you set it up, it’s best to have some bare skin contact. (you can use it with a thin layer of clothing on as well)
2. Attach snap end of the Cord, to the nub on the mat.
3. Insert prong end of the Connection Cord either directly into your grounded outlet, or the Safe T Cube (that is plugged into a grounded outlet), or into the ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. Bare skin contact is best with the Mat but one thin layer of clothing between you and the mat is acceptable. The mat is conductive on the snap side only.
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your grounding product is conductive.
Please see Testing Instructions Here.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- If you’d like to add a little soap on the damp cloth for a deeper clean, it must be free of essential oils, bleach, and oxygen agents.
- Air dry. Ensure the Floor Mat is dry before rolling it up.
- Do not attempt to put the Floor Mat in the washing machine or dryer.
- Wait one hour after applying lotions, creams, and body oils to touch the Floor Mat. These can oxidize and damage conductivity.
Always use as directed. The Outlet Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only our approved connection cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician. For your safety, place the connection cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.