This Grounded Band Kit includes:
- 1 Grounded Band – Large (stretches from 18.5 – 21cm)
- 1 Coil Cord
- 1 Outlet Checker
- 1 Safe-T Cube Adapter
- 1 User’s Guide
How It Works
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Band you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Band, you must check that the outlet is properly grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Band. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 3.
Step 2: Plug in your Safe T Cube Adaptor
Plug your Safe T Cube Adapter into your properly grounded outlet.
Step 3: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Band.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ connection cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 4: Using Your Band
1. Slip the Band on your wrist, arm, ankle, knee, etc.
2. Snap the cord onto the Band connection tab.
3. Insert the prong end of your Connection Cord into your Safe T Cube Adapter. Alternatively, you can insert the prong end of the Connection Cord directly into your grounded outlet, or into the ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. You must make direct skin contact with Bands.
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your grounding product is conductive.
Please see Testing Instructions Here.
Step 6: Care Instructions
The preferred cleaning method is to hand wash with mild detergent. Air dry.
The conductive fiber is silver. Do not bleach Do not use fabric softener Do not use oxidizing cleaners. If machine washing is necessary it is advised to use a small garment bag.
Never wash the cord.
Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
Don’t use dryer sheets
Absolutely No Dry Cleaning
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin.
Always use as directed. The Outlet Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only our approved connection cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician. For your safety, place the connection cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.