The Half Sheet Kit includes:
- 1 x Half Sheet (approx 120″ x 40″)
- 1 x Coil Cord
- 1 x Outlet Checker
- 1 x Safe-T Cube Adapter: A safe, non-electric adapter to plug multiple Earthing products into one ground port at a time. An excellent option for old outlets providing a more secure grounding connection to the earth.
- Easy to Follow User’s Guide
What is the Half Sheet made of?
8% Silver Thread
Using your Half Sheet Kit
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Half Sheet you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Sheet, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Sheet. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Sheet.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your connection cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Sheet
Place the Half Sheet across your bed (great for 2 people) or from head to toe (for 1 person). Be sure to place the sheet over the bottom sheet, so that when you lie down you make bare skin contact with the half sheet. Any part of your body will work. Most people place it across the bottom of the bed, so that the lower legs and feet make contact.
1. Insert one end of cord into ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect the cord to the cord of an Earthing Ground Rod placed in the earth outside.
2. Snap other end of Earthing cord onto the receptor tab of the Sheet.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Sheet is conductive.
1. Insert the prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from the Sheet into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Sheet.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Sheet. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Sheet. Press firmly on the Sheet to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that Sheet is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the Sheet may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Sheet while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the Sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the Sheet are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the Sheet sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibres of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see “hills and valleys”. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from Sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Sheet
It is good to wash your Sheet. It will not be harmed by washing. In fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly is recommended
- Wash in a washing machine
- Wash with warm water, approximately 40 celsius (105 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
- Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
- Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners
- Don’t apply lotions or body oils before bed
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.