The Earthing Body Band can be used virtually anywhere. Whether you are stretching, working out, sitting, meditating, or sleeping! It’s a great tool to combat headaches and improve recovery after exercise.
Headaches: When you feel a headache coming on, slide the band gently around your head. Align the area of metal on the band to touch the skin where the pain is radiating from. Lie down, relax, and let the electrons from the earth go to work reducing pain and inflammation.
Productivity: To support productivity, focus, and to keep “foggy brain” at bay, wear the Large Body Band around your head while you work at home or in the office.
Recovery: This band is perfect to speed up recovery time after exercise or injury. Leg day? Arm day? Surgery? Put this Body Band around your arm or leg to decrease your pain and recovery time.
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing Body Band you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Body Band, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Body Band. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Body Band.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Using Your Body Band
1. Place the Body Band in desired location.
2. Snap the cord onto the Body Band connection tab.
3. Insert the end of your Earthing Cord into the 3rd hole of a grounded wall outlet.
4. You must make direct skin contact with Body Bands.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from the Body Band into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Body Band.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Body Band. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Body Band. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that the Body Band is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
5. Remove splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from the Body Band into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: Care Instructions
The preferred cleaning method is to hand wash with mild detergent. Air dry, or put in the dryer on low heat.
The conductive fiber is silver. Do not bleach Do not use fabric softener Do not use oxidizing cleaners If machine washing is necessary it is advised to use a small garment bag.
Never wash the Earthing cord.
Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
Don’t use dryer sheets
Absolutely No Dry Cleaning
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.