- 1 Small Silver Sleep Plush Pad 27″ by 72″
Using your Earthing Silver Sleep Plush Pad
Silver Side: 99% silver conductive fabric on the surface area is made of 50% Silver Plated Nylon and 50% Polyester dipped in silver. Reversed Side: 100% Polyester.
Conductive ONLY on the SILVER side. The pad can be used under a bed sheet or on top of for direct skin contact. Both methods will work.
Due to the nature of silver, our 99% pure silver products will discolor with use.
It’s normal to have fading or discoloration spots after use and washing.
This is the inherent nature of silver. The product will still function exactly the same.
How To Set Up your Silver Plush Pad
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Plush Pad you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Pad, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Plush Pad. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Pad.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Plush Pad
1. Decide where you want to use the pad. Your options include most anyplace where you work, sit, relax, rest, or sleep.
2. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on pad.
3. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection. The pad is conductive on the SILVER side only. The pad can be used under a bed sheet or on top of for direct skin contact. Both methods will work.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from pad into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Earthing Product.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Earthing Pad. The round metal plate must be in contact with silver surface of the Earthing Pad. Press firmly on the pad to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that the pad is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Earthing Pad while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the pad. Make sure that both the tester and the product are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the pad sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibres of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see “hills and valleys”. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Pad
It is good to wash your Earthing® product. It will not be harmed by washing, in fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly
Wash in a washing machine
Wash with warm water, approximately 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40 celsius).
Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
Use liquid laundry detergent
Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners
absolutely No Dry Cleaning
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and alsoruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.