The Ground Therapy Throw Kit includes:
- 1 x Ground Therapy Throw (44″x 68″)
- 1 x Black Coil Cord
- 1 x Outlet Checker
- 1 x Safe-T Cube Adapter: A safe, non-electric adapter to plug multiple Earthing products into one ground port at a time. An excellent option for old outlets providing a more secure grounding connection to the earth.
- Easy to Follow User’s Guide
Using the Throw
The Throw is quite portable and can be used in a variety of locations. Just remember that only one side of this blanket is conductive and not the other. Make sure you have direct bare skin contact with the side that shows the parallel rows of silver fibre stitching.
What is the Earthing Throw made of?
Fiber Content: 29.5% Organic Cotton, 68.5% Polyester, 2% Silver
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Throw you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Throw, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Throw. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 3.
Step 2: Plug in your Safe T Cube Adaptor
Plug your Safe T Cube Adapter into your properly grounded outlet.
Step 3: (OPTIONAL) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Sold Separately)
Use this option if your outlets are not properly grounded. The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Throw.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your Connection Cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 4: Setting Up The Throw
Some people use the Throw in bed. If that’s how you use it, place it over the bottom sheet and tuck in the ends under the mattress. You must have bare skin contact with the conductive side. Similarly if you use it as a wrap-around while seated, make sure the conductive side has some contact with your bare skin.
1. Attach snap end of the Cord, to the nub on the mat.
2. Insert prong end of the Connection Cord either directly into your grounded outlet, or the Safe T Cube (that is plugged into a grounded outlet), or into the ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
3. Make bare skin contact with the conductive side (the side that shows the parallel rows of silver fibre stitching)
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your grounding product is conductive.
Please see Testing Instructions Here.
Step 6: How To Wash and Care For Your Ground Therapy Throw
It is good to wash your Throw. It will not be harmed by washing. In fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly is recommended
- Wash in a washing machine
- Wash with warm water, approximately 40 celsius (105 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
- Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
- Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners
- Don’t apply lotions or body oils before bed
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.
Always use as directed. The Outlet Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only our approved connection cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician. For your safety, place the connection cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.