Every three weeks or so, our family heads to the Rockies to collect natural spring water, which we drink as is and cook with it, dog’s water, kombucha, broth — anything we would use regular water for — we use spring water instead. We fill up four glass wine carboys and many other little jugs that last us throughout the weeks. But if we go for a hike or to the mountains for any reason, we bring our empties and top up!
Why go through all the trouble when we have access to running water at home? Well, apart from the fact that it’s a fun mission to collect, it’s also mineral-rich, Alkaline and, best of all, free from contaminants. It has a clean, crisp taste to really quench your thirst.
As you’d expect, it carries some significant benefits, including:
- Improved digestion. Spring water minerals help break down food, allow for better absorption of nutrients and regulate acid and alkaline levels in the body.
- Improved energy levels. High in essential minerals and electrolytes, spring water converts food into energy more efficiently.
- Improved overall health. The minerals in spring water can strengthen bones, teeth and the nervous system.
There are tons of springs out there, but this one near Canmore, Alberta, is one we have continued to visit over the years and have just stuck with what we know. 🙂 Here’s where you can find it:
- From Calgary, take Highway 1 to Canmore
- Take exit 86 to the right
- Follow the exit and keep right
- When you turn in, keep an eye out for the sign that says, ‘Earth Water’
- You will see an opening in the trees on your left — that’s the path to the spring!
- Park along the side of the road and take the path near the ‘Earth Water’ sign. The spring awaits you about a 1-minute walk in!
Check out findaspring.org to find one near you and stock up on Earth’s refreshing, nourishing H20. Stay grounded (and hydrated)!