Everything you need to start connecting with the Earth’s nurturing energy! This Earthing Kit provides an Earthing Throw, a Small Orange Body Band, and a Mat, with all required components.
Out of Stock Status – We hope to have more Starter Kits soon! We do not have an estimated arrival date yet, so the product will remain as “out of stock” until we have a better idea of their arrival. Our apologies for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.
The New Starter Earthing Kit is our best value and includes the Earthing Throw to use on your bed while you sleep, an Earthing Universal Mat to use in your home or office during the day, and 1 Body Band to use at night while sleeping or during the day while working or relaxing.
The New Earthing Starter Kit includes:
- Earthing Throw (40″ x 65″)
- 10″ x 27″ Universal Earthing Mat
- 1 Small Orange Body Band
- 2 x 15 ft. Connection Cord
- 1 x Coil Cords
- Grounding Rod with 40′ extension cord
- Outlet Checker
- Earthing Continuity and Product Tester (Great for testing your earthing products and connection cords from time to time)
- Easy to follow User’s Guide
The New Starter Kit comes with everything you need to start Earthing!
How To Set Up Your Earthing Product
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing product you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Throw
The Earthing Throw is quite portable and can be used in a variety of locations. Just remember that only one side of the throw is conductive and not the other. Make sure you have direct bare skin contact with the side of the throw that shows the parallel rows of silver fibre stitching and the word “Earthing.”
1. Some people use the Throw in bed. If that’s how you use it, place it over the bottom sheet and tuck in the ends under the mattress. You must have bare skin contact with the conductive side. Similarly if you use it as a wrap-around while seated, make sure the conductive side has some contact with your bare skin.
2. Insert one end of Earthing cord into ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect the cord to the cord of an Earthing Ground Rod placed in the earth outside.
3. Snap other end of Earthing cord onto the receptor tab of the Throw.
Step 4: Setting Up Your Earthing Mat
You must make bare skin contact with the connected mat in order to receive the earth’s energy. The mat is conductive on the snap side only.
1. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
2. Insert the prong end of the Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded wall outlet, or into Earthing Grounding Rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
Step 5: Setting Up The Body Band
The Body Band is placed around your foot or ankle. The inner (whitish color) lining of the bands, including the metal plate, is conductive, and needs to be in contact with bare skin.
1. Insert one end of Earthing cord into ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect to the cord of an Earthing Grounding Rod placed in the Earth outside.
2. Snap other end of cord onto the Earthing band.
3. Anytime you use a band, don’t forget to disconnect the cord if you have to leave the room. It’s easy to forget you are connected!
Step 6: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from sheet into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Earthing product.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Earthing product that you want to test. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Earthing product. Press firmly on the Earthing product to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that Earthing product is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Earthing product while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the product are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the sheet sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibres of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see “hills and valleys”. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 7: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Throw
It is good to wash your Earthing product. It will not be harmed by washing. In fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly is recommended
- Wash in a washing machine
- Wash with warm water, approximately 40 celsius (105 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
- Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
- Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners
- Don’t apply lotions or body oils before bed
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.
Step 8: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe down the mat using a non corrosive cleaner. Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of the mat. Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact with the Earthing mat. Such substances oxidize and can damage conductivity. Air dry the mat.
Step 9: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Band
When needed, hand wash the bands in warm water with a mild soap. Air dry only. Do not use the bands on parts of your body where you have applied any creams and lotions as these substances can reduce conductivity and oxidize silver fibres.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.