Sleep Mat Kit
We are proud to provide Canadians with Ground Therapy Products, official products designed and developed by Clint Ober and his team.
The Elite Sleep Mats are made from brand new, proprietary grounding material that is the culmination of two decades of research and development. It’s thinner, softer, and more durable that feels great with direct skin contact or becomes unnoticeable from under your fitted sheet. They are also longer than the previous Sleep Mats.
Dimensions: 27″ x 84″
This Sleep Mat Kit includes:
- 1 x Sleep Mat
- 1 x Black Coil Cord
- 1 x Outlet Checker
- 1 x Safe-T Cube Adapter: A safe, non-electric adapter to plug multiple products into one ground port at a time. An excellent option for old outlets providing a more secure grounding connection to the earth.
- Easy to Follow User’s Guide
What makes this new Sleep Mat different from our original Single Sleep Mat?
Size: 27″ x 84″ – That’s 12 inches longer than the original Single Sleep Mat, so you can place it horizontally or vertically across any mattress, no matter the size. It can completely ground one person or partially ground two!
Softer Material: More comfortable compared to our previous black carbon material.
Thinner Material: About half the thickness of our previous black carbon Sleep Mats so it won’t trap heat against your body.
Smooth Surface Area: There are no perforations in the surface area of these Sleep Mats so not only are they more comfortable, but you’re 100% grounded no matter where you move.
More Sanitary: The hypoallergenic nature of carbon helps combat allergens in your bed. With no perforations, these covers not only ground you, they also create a physical shield against the dust and mites living in your mattress.
Easier Cleaning: No perforations on the surface makes it easier to wipe down.
More Durable: So far, we’ve tested these products for 5+ years and they are as conductive and blemish-free as the day we started. While the springs in your mattress may fail you at some point, the conductivity of your Sleep Mat won’t. Our new conductive material is designed for a lifetime of conductivity, and like all of our products, it comes with a one year warranty.
Do you put the Sleep Mat over or under your fitted sheet?
The closer to direct skin contact, the better. What we have personally found most comfortable is putting the Sleep Mat under the fitted sheet. A grounded connection can still be made when a thin sheet is present thanks to the skin’s natural moisture acting as a conductor. However, if you wear full pajamas then we recommend sleeping directly on the Sleep Mat in order to make a connection.
Use and Care
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Sleep Mat you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Mat, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Mat. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 3.
Step 2: Plug in your Safe T Cube Adaptor
Plug your Safe T Cube Adapter into your properly grounded outlet.
Step 3: (OPTIONAL) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Sold Separately)
Use this option if your outlets are not properly grounded. The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Mat.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your Connection Cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 4: Setting Up The Sleep Mat
1. Use the straps to secure the mat directly to your mattress over or under your fitted sheet.
2. Attach snap end of cord to snap nub on mat.
3. Insert prong end of the Connection Cord either directly into your grounded outlet, or the Safe T Cube (that is plugged into a grounded outlet), or into the ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. The mat is conductive on the leatherette side.
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your grounding product is conductive.
Please see Testing Instructions Here.
Step 6: How To Wash and Care For Your Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Do not machine wash.
Always use as directed. The Outlet Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only our approved connection cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician. For your safety, place the connection cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.