Dimensions: 27″ x 84″
This Earthing Elite Sleep Mat Kit includes:
- 1 x Sleep Mat
- 1 x Black Coil Cord
- 1 x Outlet Checker
- 1 x Safe-T Cube Adapter: A safe, non-electric adapter to plug multiple Earthing products into one ground port at a time. An excellent option for old outlets providing a more secure grounding connection to the earth.
- Easy to Follow User’s Guide
What makes this new Sleep Mat different from our original Single Sleep Mat?
Size: 27″ x 84″ – That’s 12 inches longer than the original Single Sleep Mat, so you can place it horizontally or vertically across any mattress, no matter the size. It can completely ground one person or partially ground two!
Softer Material: More comfortable compared to our current black carbon Sleep Mat material.
Thinner Material: About half the thickness of our current black carbon Sleep Mats so it won’t trap heat against your body.
Smooth Surface Area: There are no perforations in the surface area of these Sleep Mats so not only are they more comfortable, but you’re 100% grounded no matter where you move.
More Sanitary: The hypoallergenic nature of carbon helps combat allergens in your bed. With no perforations, these covers not only ground you, they also create a physical shield against the dust and mites living in your mattress.
Easier Cleaning: No perforations on the surface makes it easier to wipe down.
More Durable: So far, we’ve tested these products for 5+ years and they are as conductive and blemish-free as the day we started. While the springs in your mattress may fail you at some point, the conductivity of your Sleep Mat won’t. Our new conductive material is designed for a lifetime of conductivity, and like all of our products, it comes with a one year warranty.
Do you put the Sleep Mat over or under your fitted sheet?
The closer to direct skin contact, the better. What we have personally found most comfortable is putting the Sleep Mat under the fitted sheet. A grounded connection can still be made when a thin sheet is present thanks to the skin’s natural moisture acting as a conductor. However, if you wear full pajamas then we recommend sleeping directly on the Sleep Mat in order to make a connection.
Use and Care
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Sleep Mat you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Mat, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Mat. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Optional and Sold Separately)
The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Mat.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your 15′ Earthing cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Sleep Mat
1. Use the straps to secure the mat directly to your mattress over or under your fitted sheet.
2. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
3. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. The mat is conductive on the leatherette side.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your Earthing product is conductive.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or grounding rod cord.
2. Plug the Earthing cord from mat into one of the two splitter receptacle ends. The other end of that cord is snapped onto your Mat.
3. Insert prong end of the tester cord into the other splitter receptacle. The other end of that cord is snapped onto the Continuity Tester.
4. Place the Continuity Tester flat on the Mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the Mat. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact. Press and hold the “test” button for a minimum of three seconds. A green light means that the mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the product may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the Mat while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the mat. Make sure that both the tester and the product are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibres and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from mat into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Do not machine wash.
Always use as directed. The Earthing Connection Outlet Ground Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only Earthing® approved connecting cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, locate any connecting cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.