Universal Mat Kit
We are proud to provide Canadians with Ground Therapy Products, official products designed and developed by Clint Ober and his team.
The Universal Mat lets you to connect to the Earth’s energy almost anywhere. It’s our most versatile product!
What is a Ground Therapy Universal Mat?
The New shorter designed Ground Therapy Universal Mat offers broad functionality for anywhere in the office or house. Use it in your favourite chair, while washing dishes or cooking in the kitchen, or use it in your bed at night. The 12.5 x 29 inch size makes it very user friendly in any situation.
This Kit includes:
- 1 x Universal Mat. 12.5″x 29″
- 1 x 15ft Connection Cord
- 1 x Outlet Checker
- 1 x Safe-T Cube Adapter: A safe, non-electric adapter to plug multiple products into one ground port at a time. An excellent option for old outlets providing a more secure grounding connection to the earth.
- Easy to Follow User’s Guide
What is the Universal Mat made of?
The thin black top conductive layer is the layer that your body makes contact with. It is made of PU (Polyurethane) resin. Leather look-alike items made with polyurethane (PU) are very consumer friendly and safe unlike older PVC leathers. Our PU Leather is vinyl free, and platelet free.
The thin black layer of PU leather is infused with conductive carbon pigment for the conductive top layer. Carbon is the 2nd most abundant element in the human body after oxygen. The carbon is what conducts the earths energy. It also makes the leather flame resistant naturally without the use of harsh flame resistant chemicals. The PU Leather would not be conductive without the addition of carbon.
The bottom or non- conductive layer is made of TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) closed cell foam. This is among the safest foam used. It is latex and PVC free. This is the same foam used in footwear, and even in children’s foam toys.
We’ve sourced eco-friendly and non-toxic materials to provide our customers with a safe and premium quality grounding product.
How To Set Up your Universal Mat
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Ground Therapy Mat you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging it in, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Mat. If you have any other light combination it means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. If that is the case, you can use the Grounding Rod in the optional step 3.
Step 2: Plug in your Safe T Cube Adaptor
Plug your Safe T Cube Adapter into your properly grounded outlet.
Step 3: (OPTIONAL) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded (Sold Separately)
Use this option if your outlets are not properly grounded. The Grounding Rod is also useful when camping, or traveling to a location without grounded electrical outlets!
1. First Push the Grounding Rod directly into the earth (20 cm to 25 cm) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Grounding Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your Mat.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Bring the cord into your home (via window or door), and plug the prong end of your Connection Cord into the receptacle end of the Grounding Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 4: Setting Up The Universal Mat
1. Decide where you want to use the mat. Your options include most anyplace where you work, sit, relax, rest, or sleep. Hence, the name “universal mat.” Just remember that wherever you set it up, it’s best to have some bare skin contact. (you can use it with a thin layer of clothing on as well)
2. Attach snap end of the Cord, to the nub on the mat.
3. Insert prong end of the Connection Cord either directly into your grounded outlet, or the Safe T Cube (that is plugged into a grounded outlet), or into the ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. You must make bare skin contact with the connected mat in order to receive the earth’s energy. The mat is conductive on the snap side only.
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester (Sold Separately)
The purpose of the Continuity Tester is to verify that your grounding product is conductive.
How To Wash and Care For Your Ground Therapy Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe down the mat using a non corrosive cleaner. Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of the mat. Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact with the mat. Such substances oxidize and can damage conductivity. Air dry the mat.
Always use as directed. The Outlet Checker is designed for 120V 60Hz use only! Use only our approved connection cord with built-in internal safety feature. If your Outlet Ground Checker does not display 2 amber lights, then do not use the product before consulting an electrician.
For your safety, place the connection cord in such a way that it doesn’t cause a tripping hazard.